GELATO WORLD TOUR 2.0 ANNOUNCES TOP 16 ASIA PACIFIC FLAVORS VYING FOR “WORLD'S BEST GELATO”
20 to 22 March 2015, Marina Bay Sands Singapore
Finalists from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, 3 from Australia and 6 from Singapore
The much-anticipated second edition of Gelato World Tour (GWT) will start in Singapore on March 20, making it Asia’s first Gelato Capital of the World. For three consecutive days, this extraordinary event at the Marina Bay Sands will flag off the “Formula One of Gelato” and also celebrate fifty years of the Singapore Republic in the coolest way.
Visitors to the event will be delighted by the amazing flavors freshly created on the spot and presented by new and seasoned gelato artisans from the Asia Pacific region as they pit themselves against each other in the quest to win the prestigious “World’s Best Gelato” title. The top 16 gelato flavors of the Asia Pacific region* were picked by the Selection Jury presided by Pang Kok Keong, Chef and founder of Sugar Daddy Group, Yeoh Wee Teck, columnist with The New Paper, and renowned Luciana Polliotti, journalist and curator of the historical Gelato Museum Carpigiani.
List of the Top 16 Flavors Vying for “WORLD’S BEST GELATO” Title
• Kochi Popz by Chronos Chan & Eunice Soon of Tom’s Palette, Singapore
• Caramel and Almond Crunch by Vanjimuthu Palaniswamy & Kavithamani Vanjimuthu of Boomerang, Coimbatore, India
• Coffee and Nuts with Sesame Brittle by Angsna Dhippayom of I - Kitchen Restaurant, Had Yai, Thailand
• Mango Ube Symphony by Zarah Zaragoza-Manikan of Bono Artisanal Gelato, Makati City, Manila, Philippines
• Roasted Walnut and Honey Crunch by David Lamprell, Michael & Brian O’Donnell of 48 Flavours, Adelaide, SA, Australia
• Burnt Butter with toffee almond brittle by Robbie Hill of Yamba Icecreamery, Yamba, NSW, Australia
• Chendol Merdeka by Marco Alfero of Alfero Artisan Gelato, Singapore
• Loving Date by Stefano Cadorin of +39 Gelato Bar, Singapore
• Singapore Sling by Charles Tan of FATCAT Ice Cream Bar, Singapore
• Croccante alla Fragola by Mirko Stortini of Gelato Italia, Hanoi, Vietnam
• Curcuma (or Temulawak) by Andre Soenjoto of de Boliva, Surabaya, Indonesia
• Good ‘Ol Days by Sharon Tay of Momolato, Singapore
• Beer with Ciambella by Harish Doneka of Pick Me Up Cafe, Singapore
• Vanilla of the East by Keewin & Seow Han Ong of Cielo Dolci, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Lemon Zest with Fig Marmalade & Dark Chocolate by Antonino Lo Iacono of Gelatony, Sydney, NSW, Australia
• From the Cradle to the Grave by Steve & Chrissie Powell of Vostrogusto Gelato, Wellington, New Zealand
Highlights of the 3-Day Event
The GWT Village is located at Exhibition Hall D, Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre. Entry is FREE for all visitors. The program will include (on a first-come-first-served basis):
• Mini Courses for adults and children by the gelato chefs of Carpigiani Gelato University on “What is Gelato?”. Participants will also be the first to hear more details about the 4-week program that teaches participants on how they can become successful gelato entrepreneurs.
• How to open a gelato shop? Educational workshops by Academia IFI
• Tonda Challenge by IFI @ PreGel tent
• Discover the secrets of gelato “Always FrescoTM” with PreGel
• Show Cooking by Chef Dave Pynt, Burnt Ends, Singapore
Visitors will be invited to vote for their favorite flavor from the top 16 finalists with a Gelato Ticket, which can be purchased at the INFO POINT located in the Gelato World Tour Village. Each ticket is priced at SGD12 for 8 tasting portions in cones of 40grams each. Visitors can participate in the Taste & Win draw where they stand to win fantastic prizes. The votes of the visitors and GWT’s Technical Jury will determine the top three flavors to represent the Asia Pacific region at the Grand Finale of the Gelato World Tour 2.0 to be held in Rimini, Italy in 2017.